Have you scheduled your yearly health screening yet? If you haven’t, maybe it is high time that you do so.
What are health screenings all about?
Health screening tests are an effective preventive measure for individuals of all ages and can be incredibly beneficial in the long run. These tests act as a health care strategy in order to detect potential illnesses early, facilitate timely treatment, and improve one’s quality of life.
While everything may seem fine on the surface, individuals are still highly recommended to go for health screenings regularly.
What does a health screening consist of?
Health screenings have various tiers depending on your chosen medical institution and package. At its most basic, your typical health screening would generally consist of the following basic assessments:
- A physical examination (taking your height, weight, BMI, and testing your vision)
- A medical health assessment to discuss any health risks brought by family medical history or lifestyle
- A blood cholesterol test to screen for unhealthy cholesterol levels that are linked to heart diseases
- A blood glucose test to check one’s blood sugar levels and determine the risk of diabetes
This procedure is more suited for those who just want to have a general overview of their current state of health.
On the other hand, women’s health screening packages cover far more than just the basic four tests mentioned above. With that, it may include these additional procedures:
- A pap smear for cervical cancer
- An HPV test for HPV infection
- A clinical breast exam for breast cancer
- A mammogram for breast cancer
- A pelvic exam to spot signs of illness in a women’s reproductive organs
- A bone density test for osteoporosis
For those looking for an all-inclusive screening to get a deeper insight into your overall health, opting for a health screening package is the way to go.
Benefits of Health Screening
Identify Potential Diseases Early
Even if you appear perfectly healthy and do not exhibit any symptoms of illness, health screens are useful in the early detection of underlying acute and chronic medical conditions.
Studies have proven that cancer survival rates have improved significantly due to early diagnosis as a result of frequent health screenings. As soon as the condition is identified, the diagnosis can then be made much earlier, eventually leading to more effective treatment due to early detection.
Thoroughly Assess Your Family History
If you have immediate family members with certain health issues or diseases, there is a possibility of inheriting this condition later on in your life. Health screenings can help to identify these conditions so that actions can be taken for prevention and timely treatment in individuals who have a family history of diseases.
Medical professionals can also recommend certain lifestyle changes in order to reduce the risk, such as eating more fruits and vegetables and incorporating exercise into your daily routine. It is just as they say: prevention is always better than cure.
How much does a health screening cost in Malaysia?
The cost of health screening packages in Malaysia varies depending on your clinic of choice as well as the components that make up the package.
Here is the average price range for the different options available:
- Public hospitals: RM10 to RM25
- Private hospitals: RM800 to RM2000
- Private clinics: RM100 to RM500
As it turns out, screenings in public medical institutions do not always equate to cheaper costs. It is essential to conduct thorough research on the various packages available in order to find one that suits both your needs and your budget all at the same time.
However, we understand that can take substantial time and effort, which is why we have summarised the various women’s health screening packages available in Malaysia in this article.
Where can I go for a health screening in Malaysia?
With regards to general health screening, there are various avenues that provide this service for Malaysians. These include:
- Public hospitals
- Private hospitals
- Private clinics
- Right at home
With Homage, you can have a full-body check-up performed in the privacy and comfort of home. This way, you can avoid the queues and crowds, and complete the necessary medical checks in an environment familiar to you.
However, it is important to note that only hospitals and private clinics offer health screening packages while polyclinics do not.
Top 13 Women’s Health Screening Packages in Malaysia
With a myriad of health screening providers in the country, it can be difficult to choose which package is the most suitable one for you. To help you make a more informed decision, we’ve compiled a list of the top 13 health screening packages for women in Malaysia.
Hospitals and Private Medical Clinics
- Website: N/A
- Location: 22-3, Jalan Radin Anum, Sri Petaling, 57000 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
- Telephone: 03-9059 5002
- Operating Hours: Monday & Wednesday from 8:30am to 2pm and 6pm to 8pm, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday from 8:30am to 2pm.
- Website: https://drtanandpartners.com.my/
- Location:Unit 5-1, Pillar 8, Menara Pacific 3A, Kampung Haji Abdullah Hukum, 59200 Kuala Lumpur
- Telephone: 03-2202 2149
- Operating Hours: Monday to Friday from 9am to 8pm, Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 2pm
- Website: https://www.sunwaymedical.com
- Location:5, Jalan Lagoon Selatan, Bandar Sunway, 47500 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- Telephone: 03-7491 9191
- Operating Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5:30pm, Saturdays from 8:30am to 1pm
- Website: https://www.columbiaasia.com
- Location: No. 1, Lebuh Puteri, Bandar Puteri Puchong, 47100 Puchong, Selangor.
- Telephone:03 8064 8688
- Operating Hours: Monday to Friday from 8am to 5pm, Saturdays from 8am to 12pm
- Website: https://www.kliniknoridah.com/
- Location: VG30, Jalan Plumbum V 7/V Pusat Komersial, Seksyen 7, 40000 Shah Alam, Selangor
- Telephone: 03-5524 0653
- Operating Hours: Monday to Friday from 9:30am to 4:30pm, Saturdays from 9:30am to 2:30pm
- Website: https://enquiry.uitmpsc.com.my/health-screening/
- Location:Sg. Buloh Campus, Jalan Hospital, 47000 Sg. Buloh, Selangor Darul Ehsan
- Telephone:03-6144 1600
- Operating Hours: Monday and Friday from 8am to 5pm; Saturdays from 8am to 12.30pm
- Website: https://kpjhealth.com.my/damansara/Packages/services-and-Packages
- Location:119, Jalan SS 20/10, Damansara Utama, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor
- Telephone: 03-7718 1000 ext 2012
- Operating Hours: Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 5pm, Saturdays from 8:30am to 12:30pm
Here’s a comprehensive list of hospitals and clinics nationwide providing specialised health screenings for Malaysians.
Want the latest updates? Subscribe to us for the latest promotions, caregiving tips and Homage happenings!
- Why is early diagnosis important? (2021, January 22). Retrieved March 04, 2021, from https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/cancer-symptoms/why-is-early-diagnosis-important