Join us in working on something that matters
Software Engineer (Node.js)
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Engineers at Homage build things that matter – Homage is redefining long term wellness for our parents, grandparents, friends and loved ones. At the heart of Homage are the families and care professionals we work with and the technology we build transforms their lives and care delivery experience. Here, every engineer works on exciting, meaningful projects. We
move fast, have fun and help each other out. Homage’s platform is a critical component within Homage that empower our users’ care delivery journey.
We’re looking for product-aware engineers who are thoughtful, responsible and passionate individuals who appreciate user experience. We’re looking for someone who knows & defines best practices in delivering product features, but also has a good understanding of building a robust platform, and is excited to learn and contribute to the frontend side. Your work will directly impact the lives of people receiving care, people delivering care, and the families that are normally left in the dark about the entire caring process. We're looking for strong team players, people who can work with a very diverse team (engineers, care operations, sales folks.) We’re proudly backed by a group of top local investors, including Golden Gate Ventures, 500 Startups, EV Growth and SeedPlus.
- Write server-side code for web-based applications (client side will be a bonus), create robust production applications for the various Homage products for families and caregivers, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Enable amazing user experiences on all our platforms and systems by using your strong background in both database and web development.
- Own projects from end to end, and help build a strong ownership culture within the team
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (relevant work experience in lieu of degree)
- 2-10 years of relevant work experience, including large systems software design and development experience, with knowledge of UNIX/Linux.
- You should also have a strong understanding of, and practical experience with API development, DevOps, MongoDB & SQL, AWS. Experience with Node.js or React.js will be a bonus.
- You are a Polyglot with experience applying multiple web development languages to live applications.
- You understand what it takes to build a good AWS architecture.
- Experience working with Message queue protocol like RabbitMQ or SQS
- You’re an entrepreneur at heart – you can be resourceful and creative to find the best solution that gets the job done or you’ve proven yourself at a startup before.
- You have a solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.