Join us in working on something that matters
Business Intelligence Lead
Homage is seeking a Senior Business Analyst with a data-driven mentality to generate impact via Homage’s core mission of caregiving and health. The right candidate will be action and detail-oriented, recognizing that our care recipients, their loved ones and Homage’s senior management depend on your analyses to drive solution development, business growth and improve care quality.
This position will work collaboratively across multiple teams. We are looking for a candidate with a strong sense of ownership, a deep appreciation of data and fundamental understanding of end-to-end business intelligence functions, with strong crafting, structuring, communication and execution capabilities. The candidate is expected to drive the business intelligence function at Homage with a long-term vision of centering business decision-making with data as a core pillar, in a rapidly changing environment with increasing complexity.
If you want to make a huge impact at one of Singapore’s most exciting startups, learning a TON every day, we would love to hear from you.
- Strategize and develop the core BI reporting environment and provide holistic visibility of performance through the provisioning of self-service dashboards and reports
- Deliver and analyse key business performance and operating data to uncover key trends and generate business intelligence insights to drive business growth and optimisation
- Build the team’s capabilities to solve data challenges for the organization. You will be a hands-on people manager solving BI problems while also enabling the team through prioritization and project management
- Champion key data initiatives across investment, commercial and operational development, including supporting Homage’s investment and due diligence activities
- Collaborate cross-functionally to develop the BI framework for key actionable and functional areas, work closely with the product and engineering team on the design, development and maintenance of data models
- Build and maintain thorough knowledge of existing and emerging datasets and metric definitions, ensuring that they are well documented in a metric library and propagated consistently in our reporting
- Be the champion leading the data democratization efforts for the organization, constantly advocating our BI ecosystem so business users can leverage existing reporting infrastructure
- Maintain knowledge on the latest updates of our BI tools so we can leverage new features or capabilities for our BI use cases\
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 5-7 years of experience working in a BI/analytics, consulting, finance or relevant field
- Experience in business analysis and building analytics dashboards as well as communicating data insights to evaluate business performance
- Experience in gathering BI requirements and structuring specifications to produce business-relevant datasets and ensure data quality of the dataset
- Passion for democratizing data effectively to the wider organization for self-serve
- Keenness to innovate and improve the BI process beyond basic reporting, seeking ways to add value so that the organisation can consume data more effectively
- Strong communication skills, able to collaborate effectively with both sides of the business and technical divide
- A self-starter mindset who takes ownership and excels in a lean and fast-paced organisation
- Strong skillset in manipulating large datasets within Excel/Google Sheets is a must
- Experience working within a high-growth tech company with exposure to large amounts of operational data is a plus
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases (eg. MongoDB) to perform data querying, building BI models and conducting data analysis
- Data visualisation skills using Holistics, Tableau or other relevant visualisation tools
- Understanding of ETL/ELT concepts and their relevant use cases
- Experience with R/Python is a bonus
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud-based technology
- Knowledge of analytical and statistical techniques e.g. time series, regression
Homage is a care platform that combines qualified and trained caregivers, nurses, doctors and health care organisations and funders with technology, enabling care, wellness and recovery wherever you are. The work that we do and technology we build transforms lives every hour, every day. We’re looking for people who are talented, driven and motivated by our social mission.