Join us in working on something that matters
Senior React Native Developer
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Engineers at Homage build things that matter – Homage is redefining in-home caregiving for our parents, grandparents, friends and loved ones. At the heart of Homage are the families and caregivers we work with and the technology we build transforms their lives and care delivery experience. Here, every engineer works on exciting, meaningful projects. We move fast, have fun and help each other out. Mobile is a critical component of both our core operations as well as users’ experience.
We’re looking for product-aware engineers who are thoughtful, responsible and passionate individuals who appreciate user experience. We’re looking for someone who is not only well versed in mobile development, but also has a strong understanding of good UX and is excited to learn about and contribute to the server side. Your work will directly impact the lives of people receiving care, people delivering care, and the families that are normally left in the dark about the entire caring process. We're looking for strong team players, people who can work with a very diverse team (engineers, care operations, sales folks.) We’re proudly backed by a group of top local investors, including Golden Gate Ventures, 500 Startups and SeedPlus.
Homage software engineers have a penchant for solving unique problems; if you love and thrive on keeping up to date with and gaining a deep understanding of the latest app development technologies, you will love working with us.
- Partner closely with the product and development team in sprints to develop and deploy iOS and Android applications using cross-platform technologies
- Ownership in software engineering mobile products and projects
- Create deeply loved mobile products for the families and Care Pros we work with from design to launch
- Work with the design and product management team to help set priorities and build the right things in the right way
- Focus on shipping quality code; supports the engineering team to continuously improve our tech stack, tools and processes
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 3+ years of app experience in Mobile Development
- You’re capable of owning projects and working closely with other engineers to build exceptional mobile applications.
- Demonstrated experience and love for delivering the best user experience on mobile
- Experience in working with Swift/Kotlin Languages.
- Built apps which support Android API level 19 and up.
- Experience in working with Fragments, AppCompat support libraries and Google play services.
- Experience in working with external libraries like Glide, Retrofit2 and ButterKnife.
- Knowledge on Gradle and configuring build variants and tasks.
- You’re an entrepreneur at heart – you can be resourceful and creative to find the best solution that gets the job done or you’ve proven yourself at a startup before.
- You have a ready portfolio of the mobile development work you’ve done and proud to showcase your work.
Homage is a care platform that combines qualified and trained caregivers, nurses, doctors and health care organisations and funders with technology, enabling care, wellness and recovery wherever you are. The work that we do and technology we build transforms lives every hour, every day. We’re looking for people who are talented, driven and motivated by our social mission.