Join us in working on something that matters
Senior/ Data Engineer
Type: Full-time, Permanent
Engineers at Homage build things that matter – Homage is redefining long term wellness for our parents, grandparents, friends and loved ones. At the heart of Homage are the families and care professionals we work with and the technology we build transforms their lives and care delivery experience. Here, every engineer works on exciting, meaningful projects. We move fast, have fun and help each other out. Homage’s platform is a critical component within Homage that empower our users’ care delivery journey.
We’re looking for product-aware engineers who are thoughtful, responsible and passionate individuals who appreciate the value of data driven decision making. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about data, and enjoys building and owning data systems end to end. We’re proudly backed by a group of top local investors, including Golden Gate Ventures, 500 Startups, EV Growth and SeedPlus.
Homage data engineers have a penchant for solving data problems. If you love and thrive on keeping up to date with and gaining a deep understanding of the latest data technologies and tools, you will love working with us. At Homage, it is about employing diverse areas of Computer Science, including machine learning, information retrieval, distributed computing and natural language processing to transform the home healthcare industry in Asia.
- Build and maintain data pipelines
- Assemble variety of large complex data set to meet business analytics requirements
- Work with stakeholders to understand and resolve data-related technical issues, and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Ensure data availability, consistency, and integrity by using the right tools, architecture, design, and implementation choices
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Computer Science or ICT-related field, with 2-6 years of experience
- Hands-on experience as a data engineer, building ETL (data extraction, transformation, and loading), storages, and analytical tools
- Working experience with at least 1 or more cloud services: AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure. AWS experience is a plus.
- Good knowledge of at least one of these programming languages e.g. Python, Node.js, or Java
- Good knowledge of RDBMS (MySQL), NoSQL databases like DocumentDB, and MongoDB
- Experience of working in Agile environment, in a close collaboration with developers
- Problem-solving attitude and team spirit
- Experience with real time data processing
- Experience with Big Data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka
- Working experience with Unix/Linux/Unix-like system
Homage is a care platform that combines qualified and trained caregivers, nurses, doctors and health care organisations and funders with technology, enabling care, wellness and recovery wherever you are. The work that we do and technology we build transforms lives every hour, every day. We’re looking for people who are talented, driven and motivated by our social mission.